Friday, October 30, 2009

 

Overcomming the Challenges_ Blog #2 (From Hycienth)

The motivation to do the AACE course is high on my part and I continue to squeeze out time to at least peruse through the material and various mails from the Transformer team members. I must say the enthusiasm of my team mates is infections and I am happy to be part of this team.

It seems every little group task assigned to the team turns out to be a daunting challenge for me. Like the signing of the Team Governance Agreement signature page. I had to contact Chris several times and my company IT before I could append my signature to the document. It was a major achievement for me, yet I know I am far behind schedule on this course. Far behind. Unfortunately, I still have not seen the final Team Governance Agreement itself as I still cannot sign-up to Windows Live Workspace. Klaus says he defined me with my Shell ID. Several tries and I still cannot access it. I think the problem is the server my machine at work runs on.

I have gone through all the various suggestions for a topic for paper from Dr. Paul. Most of them are very interesting but will take more mahours from me (something I don’t have spare of right now) and ….I will like a topic that will add value to my present work as a project planner. Something I will call upon and refer to years from now as I take up new project challenges. Besides, a paper that the data gathering is at arms reach will be a lot easy to write.

Yesterday, Dr. Paul sent out a paper from the FMI/CMAA Tenth Annual Survey of Owners. The paper with the title INFLECTION POINT, Defining the Future of the Worldwide Construction Industry. I quickly made a print out and spent my evening reading through the paper. It made an interesting read and I think I will settle for it as my choice of a topic after getting a few clarifications from Dr. Paul.

In the past two weeks, I have been carrying my copy of Engineering Economy (Thirteenth Edition) to and fro work. My plan has been to peruse it if I get the chance. Sadly, my current schedule has not given me the time to study it coupled with the inertia of not doing some serious academic work in recent times. However, I am determined to overcome the inertia and find the time to do my assignments. I also plan to talk to Chris before the end of next week to help me understand how to handle the mind mapping exercise. He was using an analogy in the field of construction which will help me get a handle on this assignment.

This is actually my second blog. The first blog? I am yet to post it. But it exist. The title is ‘The Unpublished Blog of Hycienth’. Please watch out for it.

Comments:
Great to see you starting to catch up, Hycienth!! I am especially pleased to see you starting to function in this virtual team. A good sign. Now if I can only get you to stop making excuses and spend that time doing your assignments, you will quickly catch up.

As for your paper, I would urge you to select only ONE or at most TWO of the findings and explore them in the context of Shell Oil. Trying to write 2500 words around that full research will be far too much scope.

Looking forward to having you catch up with your blog postings....

BR,
Dr. PDG, back in Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]