Saturday, December 5, 2009

 

Nui – 9th blog

What I’m learning this week

What I would like to emphasize in my weekly blog is that how can I matching what I learn to my real working environment in the term of terminology, tool and process.

This week on mapping project, I have reviewed Risk Management for my peer. This is the topic under Chapter 7, Project Control Process.

Cited from TCM Framework under 7.6 Risk Management page 160.


The main processes consist of;

Reference from Ericsson Risk Management Hands-on Training material (ECT-09:001655Uen)
Risk Management process is,

Comparing Risk Management between TCM Framework and Ericsson Risk Management Process

However in practical, many project managers may start with good risk analysis but neglect or not continue with the monitoring and control of the risk. This will damage the total project and be worthless the risk analysis initiation at the beginning.

Eventually, I would like to summarize that the risk management process concept is good no matter what source it is, which provide the same purpose is to increase the probability that a planned asset or project outcome will occur without decreasing the value of the asset or project*. (cited from TCM Framework page 159). But the purpose will not be achieved if we do not work through to all sub process.

Next week, I plan for holiday which cannot access internet. So I will not submit my weekly blog.

Long Live The King Bhumibol Adulyadej


Comments:
Nicely written, Nui!!!! I agree 100% that risk management is NOT something we do once, and then forget, but we have to do it continuously!!

Best wishes and our prayers go out for your King!!

BR,
Dr. PDG, back in Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]