Friday, January 22, 2010

 

Nui - 15th blog

What I'm doing this week,

I knew that last week is bad week for me. Healthy is not good, No progress on paper work. After chating with you instructor, I motivate myself to put your picture in front of my computer to warning me every day to focus my energy to do the paper. So this week, I set the goal to do it 2 hours & 300 words per day. I can do it for 4 days, let's say quite good. Now I have some progress. You may think why it's so hard for me, YES it's hard for me than reading the book and do exercise. I have little chance to writing the research document for my entire life but now it become familiar to me.

This week I have some progress, I almost finish abstract and introduction but still need some review again because when I wrote abstract in the begining, wording and my thought may not be the same line with current one.

I have decided to continue previous topic with your suggestion, to Develop historical database and apply cost estimation technique which I chose Learning curve and Unit technique to be compared.

Why I chose Learning Curve for this study, because this technique use the historical data to predict the future cost. And it because the work that I select (BSC Expansion) is should have increased efficiency in manhour when repeat the work. As we in network roll out industry, the more efficiency we can do the more that we can get competitiveness over other suppliers or even small subcontractors.

With the comparison of two techniques above (Learning Curve and Unit) so I can evaluate which technique is appropriate for this kind of cost. Then I can make recommendation to my organization.

This topic is the exact problem in my organizaiton because currently we try to feedback plan & actual peformance data to estimation team which should be good but it 's not proper keep data and not really bring it into consideration when do new project planning. So I think and hope that I can do it as example to gain understanding concept and real develop to be useful.

As I promise, I will submit my lastest version of my paper to you within this weekend.
Don't expect too much from me, I try my best now.

Comments:
OK Nui,
You are doing far better than any of your colleagues!! So just keep up the good work..... I responded to your questions on Skype and will send you out a reference on using the indices to account for size and/or time differences.

Just keep on doing what you are doing and you will be fine. The key is to do a little bit each and every day and you will be in good shape....

BR,
Dr. PDG, Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]