Saturday, January 23, 2010

 

Weekly blog #16: Evaluating current project using Earn Value

Dear readers,
This week I completely focus on evaluating my project earn value, yet I might understand bit but compare to last week, I might understand the use of this earn value evaluation.

One thing that I can take from this week is this earn value evaluation is not a running commulative process but it is more like current SPI vs CPI trend to chase the project's progress, either is fast and able to catch up the baseline schedule or not.

But as my previous weekly blog that our current project baseline is just sprading weight equally to the time constraint so what it showed was not accurately right. Therefore, from my side I just want to forecasting the Estimate To Complete cost in order to make a proposal IF my project need an injection fund and how much.

Research stated that 80% project progress might could forecast 10% correct of EAC, therefore it would be wise if the EAC number is taken from 80% project progress, while my current project has 2 baseline cost. It will risen the Budget At Completion due to the 2nd phase might start soon not because we did not count the contigency cost.

This is also come to my mind that, if I want to use this data to my CCC/ CCE paper while my current project progress was not up to 80%, it might bot showing a good accurate data. BUT, the best thing about this Earn Value Evaluation, it can always change to the up most SPI vs CPI, our team i always could advice to the contractor what they have to do to solve within the BAC.

To my TRANSFORMER team, we would be better to focus on our paper. Come on team. Let's go upgrade.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Success for us all!!!

Sent from my iPhone


Comments:
Chris,
Compare what you are writing against that of Farid or Nui.......

By now, you should be much more specific than what you are..... You have a real case study, so why aren't you posting the results each week and showing us your analysis? Remember, as you are sitting for your EVP, you need to be preparing yourself to write a report, which is worth 25% of your EVP credential.....???

Next week, I want to see an analysis from you, with real curves and an assessment, not something crafted in 10 minutes from your iPhone...... Ya?

BR,
Dr. PDG, Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]