Saturday, October 31, 2009

 

Chris Blog#4 - Managing Work Loads

It is really fun ride in this AACE certification projects, yes, I am planning to have CCC and EVP in this project. I do not know which one is better CCC or CCE so it is still hard for me to choose.

Professional Days
This week is so hectic week for me, as I have to become project supervisor for running project and I am also acting as project deputy for coming project that is on tender phase. All contractor were contacting me about my organization decision either to proceed or to hold off. I was not have decision hammer in my hand therefore I am only buying time for my administrator to decide which is suitable for organization plan.

For running project, it was way behind schedule for 1,5 month delay. Therefore, the contractor was adding their resources and creating this week from Thursday until Saturday a concrete sessions. I have to stand guard and supervise the work up until in the morning. The concreting was not allow in school hours so they can start in the evening and have to complete before school starts.

It was hard for me to sit in my workbench even for 5 minutes, I have to be in different posts and acting for different positions in different site location. It was fun though, but the problem is how to maintain the work loads and share the loads.

At first stage, I could manage up until 12 projects in my hand. But after I learn from AACE class, that there are no multi tasking but more prefer to multi processing. And from Project Management Using Earned Value, Humphreys, page 14, it takes an entire project team working together to make the project success, but only a single determined to make it failure. It emphasing how we should work together and start to delegate and covers each other.

But, back in Mahakam class, Dr PDG mentioning about the fat boy in the team will create trouble. And it is happen to me, I was assign to baby sit one team member and trying to use it to the limit for my in-hand projects. It just great, another un-written assignment that I have to bare but as a professional engineer, we should bringing solutions not creating ones, therefore I am accepting that challenge from organization.

Refers to last week assignment about ethical and unethical in work, for me, the job is done. Mater how we do it, it just your self control how to measure it. I am a professional engineer, I should have bring the solutions not creates one. and it will depend in which area that we stands. As long as greater community did not get their lost. So my decision making criteria, is for great to good. Which one is greater so they should have more advantage.

Transformers.....TRANSFORM
We are very late progress as well, another issue in my hand right, which we need to levelling the loads as we are trying to achieve the greater good, right? How we going to do that? We need to outsource if we cannot do it by our self. Another thing is we add more time to this. How? Like me for example, I have working from 6 AM to 1 AM every day, where it could slip through? It is my problem as why this week blog is to manage the work loads.

Finding paper topics, which is easy to mention but hard to do. The same like finding a good resolution for every year. We will never know whether is it good for us until we implement it and make the changes and every one happy.

For me, everyday is challenge, so I will be keep fighting and struggling and will always try to keep my stock holders happy.

Just hanging in...

Chris

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]