Friday, November 20, 2009

 

Chrisma Book Log #7 out of 24 and more

Hi all, I am writing for the seventh week from total 24 week of the assignment projects. 30% baseline plan to be achieved for TRANSFORMER Team but we still by far to achieve that number. There are lots of story behind the scene that happen in this week, a lot experience that could be lesson learn for me as a person and for me as a TRANSFORMER Program Manager, a group of marvellous members that have outstanding achievements in their professional live.

According to TRANSFORMER team government agreement, if I purpose to create a decision I need to create a voting form in google docs that involve team members to give their opinion. Below is the first voting that I create to determine the rest team member opinion with the result.

Voting #1
Total Result Voting #1

This result shows that some of team members need reaction from board of management to have a decisive act for the current issue. After roll a discussion in emails, I has issued the first warning for the team members for them to back on track and remember for our team government agreement.

My Knowledge Implementations
This week I have assignments from my senior to do an estimate costing for Furniture Fixture and Equipments for my running projects as preparing for 2010/2011 finance year. I search around in Skill and Knowledge of Cost Engineering from AACE that I could do the capacity factor method.


Estimating Page 9.6

From my understanding that, for furniture is also considering the capacity of the work relate to how much capacity of that room. Therefore I am using this formula to determine each room need how much money to produce fix furniture. I am also try to recorded from previous project that have similarity in order to see how much is the difference room per room. But the problem that I am facing at related to the formula in AACE book is the exponent "e" that I still need to figure. By the time I finish my report to my senior I am only considering room by room without any exponent to it. I hope by next financial year I should have know that my estimation is correct or not.

The IT works such wiring data cable, IT hardware equipments also I have to propose and estimate in order to achieve a number that can be suggest into Board Administration meeting, in here I am also doing the same formula to estimate correctly. My estimation is already class 3, because I do a record from contract amount of each project divide to space and rooms.

Another problem that I am facing for the running project is about devaluation of US dollar. We have been missing the quite big amount of money due to this issue. From the first contract sign to now, the dollar getting weak and weaker, I need to have risk matrix for the future project. I am planning to know more deep about this risk and how to solve it, because this is should have been a known risk, but how come my management did not catch and find out the solutions.

Program Manager @ TRANSFORMER
7 Week without any decent progress, no ideas from Project Managers to make a remedial plan, it seems that I would like to call for conference call for this team in order to brainstorming. The agenda would be "how to performing as a team". Double standard among team member should be erase and start to synchronize team spirit to achieve team's visions and missions and comply back to team government agreement.

When focusing to personal problem and priority are the challenges when starting a team work. We cannot avoid those risks that should have been a known risks as personal understanding. Therefore each person should have share their solution when dealing with those personal issue a.k.a personal known risk. And each person maybe have a different approach to overcome their problem (risk) but wise man said, it always good to listen to others.

I would have roll voting before set for any decision, as this is a team that I do not have any authority among each other. I could only call for each professional believe for team spirits.


Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Hi Chris,
I am also very pleased to see you using the capacity factor method in your work estimating. As I was partners in a construction company that specialized in building/remodeling schools, I can assure you I used that method on MANY occasions.

As for the team problems, there are two suggestions:
1) You need to know the float values for each activity. Surely some are more critical than others.
2) Consistent with Tuckman, you and the rest of the management need to be much more directive in getting the team through the storming stages. IF you are going to be making "reminders", then they need to be VERY specific- i.e. "Hycienth, you need to do Activity X first, NLT than hh/dd and then you need to do Activity Y NLT than hh/dd".

Pay attention to what Tuckman is teaching us...... And be realistic that this team is far from being in the norming stage, much less performing....

Keep up the good work..... I can see you are learning a LOT from this course!!!

BR,
Dr. PDG, back in Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]