Saturday, November 28, 2009

 

Week #8, Chrisma, Resource Planning or Planning Resource

This week I started to gathered all recorded project cost from these couples of years I am having to work in my organization. This also for my paper to cost factor ratio for education facilities development. I do not know whether this recorded data is applicable for other nation or any other educational organization that wish to enhance and develop their facilities. It would require some other data from other places.

I am also start to stepping much deeper to AACE organization by joining and start to applying to become its member. Lots of good reference for me to read on, especially about cost factor estimate. But none is talking about cost factor estimate and its correlation to number of students, type of class, lab classes or just normal classes. I do not know whether my paper is publishable or not. But I know for sure that this cost factor estimate will be a valuable information for those who would propose a development school facilities to his or her Board Of Patron.

Reading the AACE journal, is just like another day in Mahakam class again. Yes, it is so tempting to understand and going through from the author perspective is just like going in side of submarine, you will ever know what is in side the deep ocean until you see it. Understands that there are so many good PM out there that want to share their secret recipe makes me eager to share my secret recipe also (if there any... :)) Project Management is all about communications, links and delegations. That is what I understand 3 months ago. I am also wonders from one discussion in LinkedIn that a PM is not supposed to know all detail but PM should know the process and flow chart from the project.

You may says that this week I was drowning in references finding mode, so many questions buzzing in my heads, that I could read upon and implement directly to my daily work. That is why my dear assignments PM, I may not achieved sufficient progress. But I could assure you, that inside of has something grows and want to makes change.

But from as far as I know, there are no paper that stated how to collect valuable data, what part is important beside cost, additional costs and capacity (according to LANG factor). For third world country, dollar value and dollar inflation are playing a significant role in predicting to a risk within a project. Therefore, I am alsos input this information for future reference. I am considering to have a booklog for each projects in order to understand what PM do and donts in certain special occasion that what happen in the past. Just like watching "Law and Order" series, the lawyer usually take others experience as his based point of view.

In my running project, the contractor was unable to keep up my requirements to fulfil my specified needs, such planning and scheduling, delegating, working in phase and systematic, and lots more. After I am analyse, it all happen because they did not have a resource planning. They did not understands what should they provide in order to accomplish the project. They do not have OBS, and my presume they even do not understand what is OBS means....

What comes to worst is they put planning resource only to their CEO, the owner which is shows that there are not delegation is running in that company and no PM that capable to do so. One in the AACE journal is discussing about low cost contractor and bid value, that I need to read ASAP.

For TRANSFORMER team, keep up the good work, it is all comes to iron triangle, "scope, budget and schedule" to DELIVER in quality.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
Hi Chris,
Nice posting, although a bit general. Suggest you try Googling on "Big Mac Index". That will provide you with a handy tool to be able to modify or adjust your data to anyplace in the world..... Not appropriate for a Class 1 or 2 estimate, but certainly workable for a class 2, 4o or 5 estimate.

BR,
Dr. PDG, Jakarta
 

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment, we will try to reply your comment as soon as possible.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]